How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Many Napoleon drivers have heard the offers from dealerships who are offering to buy your current car from you through a buyback or trade program for a new vehicle or used Chevy. This allows you to save money on your next purchase, or take the offer without buying and walk away with money in pocket. However, how do you sell your used car at a dealership? And what are the steps that lead to getting the best possible offer? Whichever you choose, you can learn how to sell your car at a dealership with Stykemain Buick GMC, and our many tools so you can take home a used Ford.
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Curious about how does selling your car to a dealership work? Selling your car to a Hicksville dealership is an easy process:
- Clean Up Your Car: Having your car washed, detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats is a great way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Having a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle then most Bryan dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect and How To Sell Your Used Car To a Dealership
After preparing your car for sale, you can expect the rest of the process to go as follows:
- Make an Appointment: While you can walk into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment, so the dealer knows to expect you and can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
Now that you know how to sell your car to a dealership, the next step is knowing why it can be beneficial to you. Selling your vehicle to a dealership offers multiple benefits:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Avoid the hassles of selling your car privately and save time. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your Hicksville home for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade-in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Stykemain Buick GMC, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Find Your Next Vehicle Today at Stykemain Buick GMC
Now that you know how does selling your car to a dealership work, the next step is making sure you’re getting a great price on a brand new vehicle by putting your trade toward it, or a used Buick or a used Equinox. Our finance department has all of the information you need to either trade in your current vehicle, or walk away with cash in hand instead. Contact us today if you have any questions about the process.
More from Stykemain Buick GMC
In Napoleon, the GMC Terrain has consistently been a top choice for SUV enthusiasts. But when it comes to towing, how much can the GMC Terrain tow in 2024? The GMC Terrain towing capacity impressively hits 1,500 pounds when fully equipped, making it a versatile choice for various towing needs. Discover more about this SUV’s…
Are you ready to learn more about the all-rounder SUV that can do it all? The 2024 Buick Enclave can be everything you need and more, whether you’re looking for ample space, exciting features, or impressive performance to leverage on the Napoleon roads. Our Buick Enclave trim levels guide is ready for you to browse…
When you’re ready to tackle the most demanding jobs in Napoleon, the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 has you covered. It’s a capable and comfortable truck that’s designed to keep you comfortable when you’re going in between job sites. While the new GMC Sierra 1500 is designed for demanding tasks near Hicksville, it’ll also turn…