We May Be Able to Offer More Once We See Your Vehicle In Person. Contact us Below for an In-Person Estimate!
Sell Us Your Car
Sell Your Car to a Dealership Today
If you’re looking to get the best price on your next ride in Napoleon, then you could consider selling to a third party, but why would you when you could sell your car to a dealer in Defiance, OH? Find the value of your current ride and use it as a down payment on your next new vehicle purchase, and you can even take the offer without buying another vehicle. No matter which option works for you best, you can sell us your car with confidence, and we’ll even take care of the paperwork.
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? At Stykemain Buick GMC, we make it easier than ever to not only value your trade, but also get behind the wheel of another car with ease. Many Hicksville drivers have already found out why it’s easier to sell your car to a dealer in Defiance, OH, than trying to find a buyer third party. Follow these steps on how to sell a car at a dealership below:
- Clean Up Your Car: Having your car washed, detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats increases the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Having a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Value Your Trade: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the value of your trade before you ever make it to our lot. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
Enjoy Great Perks When You Sell Us Your Car
When you sell us your car at Stykemain Buick GMC, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits that provide an even more seamless car-shopping experience from our finance department. Some of the perks you can expect when you sell your car to a dealer in Defiance, OH, include:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Avoid the hassles of selling your car privately and save time. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your home for test drives in Bryan.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car, which helps when you’re applying for financing. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Stykemain Buick GMC, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
What to Expect When You Sell Us Your Car
Before you sell your car to a dealership such as Stykemain Buick GMC, here are some other things you’ll want to be sure to have on your list before the exchange:
- Make an Appointment: While you can walk into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment, so the dealer knows to expect you and can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer, haggle for a better deal, or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.